My first novel, Birthday Suits, will be available for purchase as an eBook or paperback in a few weeks. I am also working on my second novel, The Mechanic, about a woman who becomes a vigilante in Chicago. Feel free to review my resume below.
University of Chicago, M.A. in Humanities Chicago, IL
Creative Thesis in Fiction
Graduated June 2014
University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A. in English Chicago, IL
Graduated December 2012, cum laude
Legal Writing Specialist with Hudson Legal Group, Chicago, IL Feb. 15, 2016—Present
• I write recommendation and petition letters on behalf of clients applying for green cards and other immigration applications. The majority of clients are specialized scientists, and their recommendation and petition letters all include discussion of their various research projects, the benefits of their work to their respective field and the United States, and how their work has been implemented by other researchers. These letters and supporting evidence are then submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
• I also work as a substitute for team leaders in the organization in order to quickly respond to client messages, assign projects to writers, and edit completed assignments and upload them to clients.
Merchandising Coordinator with McMaster-Carr, Elmhurst, IL Aug. 11, 2014—Jan. 31, 2016
• I worked in the Product Information department using SAP MDM to structure data on McMaster products to improve catalog presentations and streamline product searches on the website.
• I also used the company’s internal database to create unique descriptions for each of the company’s products. These descriptions appear on the company’s website and internal databases.
• I also worked in the Specification Checking department, during which time I verified the specifications McMaster-Carr publishes with supplier literature to make sure they were accurate.
• I initially worked in the company’s research group using Excel and the company’s mainframe to compile data and generate reports to help the merchandising department best sell its products. Freelance Writer and Research Intern at
Technomic, Inc. Nov. 2010—Aug. 2013
• I wrote profiles and weekly news briefs regarding international and domestic restaurant chains, as well as adult beverage brands for publication on Technomic’s database.
• I wrote news briefs about emerging chains in the food industry.
• I conducted quality control of all files uploaded to Technomic’s database.
• I also conducted research on food industry trends.
“Focal Point: ‘Genghis Khan’ by Miike Snow.” Floodplain Press. March 2016. Online.
“Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.” Colloquium. Summer 2015. Online.
“Here I Sit All Brokenhearted.” Memoryhouse. June 2013. Print.
“Jesus Can’t Swim.” Red Moon District. Ed. Cetywa Powell. Underground Voices, 2013. 249-51. Print.